Grit Blasting (Sand) Cleaning
Grit blasting, otherwise known as sandblasting, is a form of surface cleaning by which an abrasive media, often sand or grit, is accelerated through a nozzle at high speed by compressed air. This form of media blasting is used to clean or modify a surface’s properties.
Depending on the desired result, there are a number of different grits that can be used. Grit blasting can be used to create a worn effect on materials or purely as a method of cleaning a surface to return it to its former condition.
Grit blasting is a well-established form of abrasive cleaning used for a number of different applications with many benefits.
- Removes the need to use chemicals in cleaning
- Highly efficient
- Versatile in use across a range of surfaces
- Can be used to clean and texturize surfaces
- Less disruption caused due to shorter length of time to clean a surface
Grit and Sand Blasting can be used for a number of different reasons and the different types of media available make it an adaptable cleaning method. Below are just some of the ways you can use grit blasting:
- To clean and prepare a surface ready for painting, or other types of coating
- Removal paint and rust from objects
- Removal dirt from interior and exterior walls
- Removal of rust and other types of corrosion
- Ability to use on a range of different surfaces, including masonry, stonework, concrete and metal
Whether you are refurbishing machinery or looking to restore a building of heritage, Grit Blasting’s versatility allows for use across a number of projects.
If you would like to find out more information about our Grit Blasting service, or any of our other cleaning solutions, please do not hesitate to give one of our friendly team a call. You can contact us on 03300 240 699 or by completing the form on this page, where one of our advisors will respond as soon as possible.