Customer requirements and issues to overcome
The interior of the building suffered severe fire damage caused by a vehicle fire leaving the roof in need of replacement and a major fire clean to the whole. Rainbow were asked to provide the prime contractor with a cost-effective solution to clean the interior and exterior fire damage maintaining a low profile effectively being invisible to the BMW dealerships staff and customers.
We look at any job and aim to reduce disruption and eliminate risk for the client’s customers, the public and our staff. The specific problems identified with this job were:
- How do work safely alongside other contractors who are work in the same area especially when we are cleaning at height?
- How to ensure as little disruption to the BMW dealership customers and the staff when carrying out external cleaning work around showroom and display areas.
- How we phase the work to fit in with other contractors.
Our approach is to
- Working with the customer we Focus on identifying problems during the planning stage of the job to provide the most cost effective and least disruptive solution working within the constraints of health and safety, and the client requirements
- We take full responsibility for all aspects of the work working with other contractor permits
- Produce and communicate detailed risk assessments and method statements to our client’s staff, giving them confidence that their responsibility for health and safety are being fulfilled
- Ensure the right equipment is used and the staff are trained to use this equipment safely and effectively. We work closely with our high access supplier who visits site during the quotation and planning stage.
- Identify and manage clients’ expectations and ensure they are met
- Taking the weight off our clients’ shoulders and allowing their staff to concentrate on the rest of their responsibilities
Work carried out
The work was split into phases working alongside other contractors.
Carry out a fire clean inside the workshop to remove soot and smoke damage. Soot lock the blockwork ready for painting.
Clean the Parts storage area mezzanine flooring and parts racking to remove soot.
As the roofing contractors removed panel from the roof and sides of the building to clean the steelwork ready for the cladding panels to be refitted or replaced.
Deep clean exterior facias, soffits and the drive through area to remove smoke damage.
Out of normal working hours final deep clean of the workshop after reinstatement work had been completed.